Your Skinny Wireless B618 modem will have arrived with a super-secure, unique wireless network name (SSID) and password (Wi-Fi Key) by default. Some people do like to customize these to make them easier to remember though. Here’s how you’d go about doing that:
1. Connect a computer/laptop to the LAN port on your modem using an ethernet cable
2. Open a browser (i.e., Chrome, Firefox…)
3. Enter “192.168.8.1” into the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard
4. Your browser will show the modem’s login page. Use these details to log in:
Default username: admin
Default password: admin
5. From the top option tab, select Settings.
6. Then, select WLAN Basic Settings from the left middle tab.
7. Look for the options SSID and WLAN key. These options are your Wi-Fi name and your Wi-Fi password respectively and you can change them into much more suitable details!
8. Once you're done, remember to select 'Apply' to complete this action and you'll need to reconnect to your Wi-Fi using the new password!