Skinny device return & repairs policy
As a consumer customer you have rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (“CGA”) and Skinny will honour its legal obligations to you. If you would like to make a claim under the CGA, Skinny asks that you follow the below steps to return your goods to Skinny for CGA assessment and, depending on the nature of your claim, repair or replacement:
- Visit our Skinny Returns Portal and log your CGA repair claim.
- As part of logging your CGA repair claim, you will be required to pay a $55 Assessment Bond with your credit or debit card. This Assessment Bond will be refunded if you have a valid claim under the CGA. If it is found that your claim is not covered by the CGA, e.g., because you have misused or caused damage to your device, because the CGA warranty period has lapsed, or because your device has been purchased for the purposes of a business, then you will not be refunded the $55 Assessment Bond.
- Within a reasonable time of your CGA repair claim being logged, you will be sent a courier bag and instructions for return of your device to our nominated agent.
- Please return the device to our nominated agent within 7 days after you receive the courier bag. Make sure you take out your SIM before you send us your device as SIMs will not be returned following device repair or replacement, for your protection.
- Following receipt of your device, Skinny’s nominated repair agent will assess your CGA claim and device.
- a. If it is determined that you have a valid claim under the CGA then your device will either be repaired or replaced, depending on the nature of the defect in your device. Following repair/replacement, your device will be returned to you and you will be refunded your $55 Assessment Bond.
- b. If it is determined that you do not have a valid claim under the CGA and your claim is rejected, we will contact you to discuss next steps. These will involve either returning your device to you or agreeing with you to repair your device at an additional cost to you. If your claim is rejected, the $55 Assessment Bond that you paid will not be refunded.
Additional terms may apply and Skinny reserves the right to change its Device Repairs Policy at any time to reflect changes within its business and internal repairs process. Any changes to Skinny’s Device Repairs Policy will not affect your consumer rights under the CGA.
Please remove your SIM from your device before you send it to Skinny’s repair agent, as all SIMs received will not be returned in accordance with internal policy and for your protection.
Online purchases change of mind policy
If you've bought a device from our online store and change your mind about your purchase, you can return a new device for a full refund, provided you enter your request within 7 days of the date on the packing slip you receive with your new Skinny device.
The box containing the device should be unopened, undamaged, all external wrapping and seals intact and in pristine condition.
To cover handling costs, we will require you to pay $20 which we will deduct from any refund of your device purchase price.
You will be sent a courier bag in which to return your device. The device must be returned to our nominated agent, within 7 days after you receive the courier bag.
We also reserve the right to refuse any returns that do not adhere to the above conditions. If your return is rejected, we will return the device to you with no refund of the handling fee paid.
If you want to return your phone within 7 days for a full refund under this change of mind policy, please call the Skinny reps on 0800 4 SKINNY (0800 475 4669).